Elon Musk says ‘cage match’ with Mark Zuckerberg will stream on X


Elon Musk says his potential in-person fight with Mark Zuckerberg would be streamed on his social media site X, formerly known as Twitter.
The two tech billionaires seemingly agreed to a “cage match” face-off in late June. Zuckerberg is actually trained in mixed martial arts, and the CEO of Facebook’s parent company Meta posted about completing his first jiu jitsu tournament earlier this year.
“Zuck v Musk fight will be live-streamed on X,” Musk wrote in a post on the platform. “All proceeds will go to charity for veterans.Musk said earlier Sunday he was training for the fight by lifting weights.
“Don’t have time to work out, so I just bring them to work,” Musk wrote.
Whether or not Musk and Zuckerberg actually make it to the ring in Las Vegas has yet to be seen — especially as Musk often tweets about action prematurely or without following through. But even if their cage match agreement is all a joke, the banter has gained attention.It all started when Musk, who owns X, responded to a tweet about Meta preparing to release a new Twitter rival called ThreadsHe took a dig about the world becoming “exclusively under Zuck’s thumb with no other options” — but then one Twitter user jokingly warned Musk of Zuckerberg’s jiu jitsu training.
“I’m up for a cage match if he is lol,” Musk wrote.
Representatives of X, Meta and Ultimate Fighting Championship, which owns the venue where the fight might take place, didn’t immediately respond to emails seeking commentMusk’s push to stream the video live on X comes as he aims to turn the platform into a “digital town square.” However, his much-publicised Twitter Spaces kickoff event in May with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announcing his run for the US presidency struggled with technical glitches and a near half-hour delay.
Musk had said the problems were due to “straining” servers because so many people were trying to listen to the audio-only event.
But even at their highest, the number of listeners listed topped out at around 420,000, far from the millions of viewers that televised presidential announcements attract.

Related Posts

Breaking News Barbra Streisand says she ‘can’t live in this country’ if this happens

“Dear madam, you took our picture in front of Rita’s on June 8th. My wife has passed away yesterday and this is the last picture we have…

Roseanne’s New Show Tanks The View’s Ratings “They Lost Most of Their Audience”

Joyce’s post continued: “I took this picture below and then handed my phone to the young daughter and told her to go ahead and text the picture…

Late night icons Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert have been dropped by ABC which said that “their spark has faded.

Joyce ended up doing just that, before the two families went their separate ways. It was a pleasant, heartwarming exchange like any other, and that would have…

Andra Day is fined $1 billion by the NFL for singing the Black National Anthem during Super Bowl LVIII

joyce Rhinehart was out to get ice cream with her grandson one day, back in 2017, when she spotted a family sitting on a bench nearby. They…

ABC announces cancellation of ‘The View’, labeling it ‘the worst show on TV’ in entertainment history

As Joyce explained in a later Facebook post: “On June 8th I was at Rita’s Italian Ice with my grandson Blake treating him after his tennis lesson….

ABC’s decision not to renew Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar’s contracts for ‘The View’ No More Toxic People In The Show

We just never know how important any given action on any given day can be to someone else. Since we spend so much of our lives taking…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *